Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What To Look For From A Demolition Company

Demolishing an existing building or structure to pave the way for exciting new possibilities is a serious and important business. So when you're looking to get started it is vital that you hire a demolition contractor that is experienced and qualified in the area. If you don't hire an expert you risk injury to yourself and those around you. Additionally, you could even cause the land to become unstable and ruin your new construction. There are many demolition companies to choose from all over the country. Here are a few key criteria to look at when you are trying to decide between them.

The first thing you want to look for from a demolition contractor is that they are actually registered as certified demolition company. There are many positive implications you can assume about a company that is registered. At the very least, a registered company has passed the demolition requirements held in place to be considered experts and professionals.
A professional demo crew will also know the best methods and places for disposing of all of the rubble left over after they are finished demolishing the structure.

Registered demolition teams also offer you peace of mind because they are required to have insurance policies for their work and employees and an onsite foreman that helps to ensure that every step of the demo process goes as smoothly as possible.

The conventional demolition process requires a lot of well though out and timely preparation as far as paperwork is concerned. A demolitions expert will already know this and will be your best friend and guide when it comes to filling out the mountains of paper and requiring the necessary permits before your even begin with the demolitions.

Timing is very important in construction. So having an experienced demo company allows you to more accurately plan out the entire timeline of your construction project. A good demo company will know how long each part of their work is likely to take, including the preparation, demolition, and post-demo activities. They will also know what to look for when it comes to time snags that might not be obvious to the average person. Some demo projects require barriers to be constructed around the site to keep shrapnel and debris inside the blast zone. Some buildings need to have utility lines shut off and disconnected, and some building sites even contain hazardous material that can't be disposed of in landfills.

The last and most important thing to look at is the demolition company's reputation. If you are referred to them by multiple people, it is safe to assume that they do quality work and they might be your best choice.
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Checker

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, and this might be a little off topic. But this reminded me of a dream that a had a while ago, where in the dream I was in charge of my own demolition company and when ever I was bored, I would drive around in a big wrecking ball and I would destroy what ever I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a St. Louis demolition expert, I found this post to be extremely helpful. Hopefully, people realize that not just anyone can do demolition work and they seek out qualified, certified teams to make sure the project is done right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, very informative and helpful post about demolition company . Thanks for sharing that post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You maybe did a wise thing not choosing their recommended demolisher. We got quotes from both of theirs. We had lots of additional costs with asbestos which is hard for them to identify until demolition starts.
    Demolition Company

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wondering, What would it take to be a demolition contractor in chicago il? I have been wondering for a little wile, Thanks for any answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an Austin demolition crew, we wish more people asked their demolition companies the hard questions about their qualifications, insurance and licenses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. I am really new to this and I feel like there are so many demolition companies in Chicago that it is almost impossible to find the best one unless you have a good idea of how these things work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the advice. I have been looking for demolition contractors in Chicago IL but I don't really know what I should be looking for exactly. I will keep this in mind as I continue my search!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the warnings, I was going to go for the cheapest demolition contractors here in Chicago IL, but above all I want it to be safe, so maybe I wont go the cheapest way out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good tips, thanks for sharing this with everyone. I could really use this while looking for a demolition contractor in Chicago IL. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow thank you very much for all the information. I'm happy I stumbled upon this. I've been looking for good demolition contractors in Chicago, IL and this article provided me with some valuable tips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog post! I have been looking for someone to do some demolition in Toronto for me, and I was not sure of what I should be looking for in a company. I feel so much more prepared after reading this, so thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting the article, I didn't consider that when doing a demolition project you need to take your new project into consideration. The job seems a bit more extensive than I originally thought it would be.

    Luke | http://www.priestly.ca/demolition.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could not agree with you more! While some believe that demolishing an old building is ruining a piece of history on the contrary it isn't. What it is removing is often an unsafe building which would cost more money to upkeep over time then to demolish and build a new one. I think it is great as it allows for a city to develop along with today's architectural advances. I personally am excited for a new family wellness center to be built in my town in a plot which once held up a crumbling building. It is for the betterment of the community which I feel is important. What are your guys opinions?

    George Puzo | http://www.crunchinc.com/abtus.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be crazy to see these demolitions in action! I bet it really relieves so much stress. I'm going to see if I can help my demolition contractor when he comes to take a building down on a property we're rebuilding.
    Celine | http://www.priestly.ca/demolition.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would definitely be wearing protective gear if I were a demolition contractor.Just look at the wood there, you could find all sorts of nails to step on or puncture your hands. There would be debris everywhere and you would have a lot of potential hazards when you are cleaning up. I would like to know more about what they demolition contractors do besides blowing things up and tearing down buildings.

    Zach Thalman | http://www.rockridgeinc.com/demo.htm

    ReplyDelete
  17. This information is very useful. I'm looking for a demolition company, so it's helpful to know what kind of qualifications to look for in a company. I agree, it's important to take timing into consideration when taking on a demolition project. Thanks for the post!
    http://www.honcdestruction.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. My dad is looking to hire a demolition contractor right now so he can rebuild his company's building. He'll definitely appreciate these tips a ton! I love how you said to make sure the company is certified right off the bat. I wonder how a company would be able to get away with something as huge as a demolition and not be certified! It must be a pretty common occurrence since you mentioned it. It's also nice to know that they'll have solutions for cleaning up the mess as well. They're definitely responsible if they manage to destroy a building and clean up afterwards. Hopefully my dad finds a good contractor soon! http://www.revlyn.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is really helpful for those looking for trusted demolition companies with good reputation. Cheking out their websites to see feedbacks from their previous clients is an effective way to do that. Referrals from multiple people prove that they do quality work and they might be your best choice to take .

    ReplyDelete